Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let's Roll...

Photobucket
Photobucket


September 11, 2001. I remember it like it was yesterday. My dog had gotten loose that morning right before I was leaving for work. I had not turned the tv on at all that morning. I was searching all through the neighborhood for Scarlet. I could not find her. I came home to call work and tell them I was going to be late for work and wouldn't be in until 10. I flipped on the tv while I was waiting to go to work. I could not believe what I was seeing. It was pure shock and horror. I immediately called my family in NJ and got my Dad on the phone. He said that the sky was black. (My family lives about 2 hours South of NYC). I asked about my brother. My brother at the time was living in Hoboken at a halfway house. He was stuck there right across the Hudson. My Dad said that they let them on the roof to see what was up and he saw the 2nd plane hit. I felt horrible for him. I wouldn't wish seeing that in person on anyone. I can only imagine the fear. I hung up with my Dad and went to work. When I got there it was somber. The sister of one of my co-workers lives and works in Washington DC and he could not get a hold of her. We had our cell phones out the entire day hoping that they wouldn't ring with any bad news from his Sister or my Brother. I watched the news in shock for days after. I couldn't believe that this was happening in our Country. To our own people. It is so very sad. I think of it often and worry and pray for the families of everyone affected by this tragedy.


No comments: